Planning Your Retirement
Part 1: June 7th @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Part 2: June 14th @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
An Academic Course Teaching The Foundations For a Sound Retirement
This comprehensive retirement course is being offered free of charge at Edgewood College as a community service for those in the early stages of retirement and for those about to retire. This course addresses difficult retirement topics such as Retirement Income and Retirement Tax Planning, Social Security Maximization Strategies, Long Term Care, Legacy Planning and the pitfalls to avoid throughout the retirement years. You will receive financial tools to help you better understand risk, taxes, budgeting, and estate planning
What You Will Learn:
- Why so many retirees are in danger of outliving their money, and steps you can take to help avoid it.
- How to properly plan for rising healthcare costs, inflation and higher interest rates during retirement.
- Understanding the risks involved with different types of investments and how to allocate assets based on your personal risk tolerance.
- The sources of retirement income – including updates on Social Security — and how to build a solid retirement income plan of your own.
- The rules, regulations and tax consequences of Qualified Plans (IRA, 401k 403b) and how to manage them.
- Key questions you should ask any financial advisor.
- Getting your estate in order: understanding wills, trusts, probate and tax–efficient distribution to your heirs.
- And much more!
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals and couples between the ages of 50 and 70.
- Those concerned about our financial markets & wanting to prepare for the next recession.
- Investors looking for other perspectives or ideas.
- Baby Boomers looking for guidance based on recent academic research.
- The 6 basic traditional rules of thumb for retirement may no longer apply.
- Global market instability and volatility necessitates acton.
- Recent research indicates a different approach to retirement planning could be beneficial.
- You only get one shot at retirement. Make it count.