Planning Your Retirement
Madison College – Truax: 1701 Wright St., Rm. C2406
Part 1: April 30th @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Part 2: May 7th @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
An Academic Course Teaching The Foundations For a Sound Retirement
This comprehensive retirement course is being offered free of charge at Madison College – Truax as a community resource for those in the early stages of retirement and for those about to retire. This course addresses difficult retirement topics such as Retirement Income and Retirement Tax Planning, Social Security Maximization Strategies, Long Term Care, Legacy Planning and the pitfalls to avoid throughout the retirement years. You will receive financial tools to help you better understand risk, taxes, budgeting, and estate planning.
What You Will Learn:
- • How to properly plan for rising healthcare costs, inflation and higher interest rates during retirement.
- • Why so many retirees are in danger of outliving their money, and steps you can take to help avoid it.
- • Understanding the risks involved with different types of investments and how to allocate assets based on your personal risk tolerance.
- • The sources of retirement income – including updates on Social Security — and how to build a solid retirement income plan of your own.
- • The rules, regulations and tax consequences of Qualified Plans (IRA, 401k, 403b) and how to manage them.
- • Key questions you should ask any financial advisor.
- • Getting your estate in order: understanding wills, trusts, probate and tax–efficient distribution to your heirs.
- • And much more!
Who Should Attend?
- • Individuals and couples between the ages of 50 and 70.
- • Those concerned about our financial markets & wanting to prepare for the next recession.
- • Investors looking for other perspectives or ideas.
- • Baby Boomers looking for guidance based on recent academic research.
- • The 6 basic traditional rules of thumb for retirement may no longer apply.
- • Global market instability and volatility necessitates action.
- • Recent research indicates a different approach to retirement planning could be beneficial.
- • You only get one shot at retirement. Make it count.
About Your Course Presenters:
Pete Cymbalak is the president of Empowered Financial Management in Madison. He is an experienced financial professional with a focus on retirement strategies and asset preservation for families and retirees. Pete is well-recognized in the community and is the host of “The Empowered Financial Show,” airing Saturdays on 1310 WIBA AM at 9 AM.
Through classes at colleges and libraries, Pete has educated and enlightened area residents on how to help protect, preserve, and pass on wealth to their families.
After serving in the Navy, Pete has lived in the Madison area for over 25 years with his wife Tammy. They have two children – a son who is a high school senior and daughter who has graduated college and is married. They also have two puppies and a cat.
Nick is a well-known radio host on iHeart Media and 1310 WIBA and prominent advisor at Empowered Financial Management. Nick is a Certified Financial PlannerTM and has been working in the financial services industry for over 26 years. Nick passionately educates preretirees and retirees about how to avoid another 2008 crash after he first-handedly experienced his own friends and family losing their retirement funds, causing them to delay retirement indefinitely.
Nick and his wife, Christine, have been married for 24 years and have two outstanding kids – a son that attends Loras College and plays basketball at the university, and a daughter who is in high school at Verona Area High School.